This is a super-easy, quick recipe that can be doubled, tripled, etc. to make extra for freezing 🙂
- 4 boneless, skinless turkey (or chicken) cutlets
- 1 10oz jar orange marmalade*
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
* I like St. Dalfour, but any kind will work. The brand also makes an orange marmalade with ginger, which can be used in place of plain marmalade.
- In a small bowl, combine marmalade and vinegar. Mix well.
- Season turkey with salt and pepper.
- Saute cutlets in a little EVOO in a stainless steel pan until done (apr. 3-4 mins per side). Remove turkey from pan, and set aside.
- Drain oil from pan, and gently blot excess with a paper towel, being careful not to disturb the flavorful brown bits stuck to the pan. Return pan to stove.
- Add marmalade mixture to pan, stirring to deglaze (incorporate brown bits) until the sauce is bubbly.
- Turn off the heat, add cooked turkey to pan, and turn to coat. That’s it!
- Freeze leftovers with ample sauce in a freezer bag.
- REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS: Thaw in the refrigerator. Empty freezer bag contents into a pan, and heat through. Do not refreeze.