Asparagus is one of those veggies that just has a high-maintenance look about it, but it’s really very, very easy to prepare. This recipe is one my quick, easy faves. Bonus: Depending upon how it’s styled on the plate, it looks like waaaay more effort went into it than the actual 5 mins of prep time.
- 1 bunch asparagus, thick ends removed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Set oven to Broil.
- Place veggies in a baking dish in a single layer.
- Drizzle with EVOO, and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Broil for 10 – 12 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Optional: Sprinkle with shredded parmesan, and return to oven until just melted.