Cafe Capri (J Crew)
My BFF sent me a pic of these amazing, recently-scored leopard print crop pants and asked me to help her put together some looks featuring them. Of course, I was all in! Thanks for the submission and post idea!
- COLOR – Leopard + White + Red is one of the most classic color combinations, and when tastefully done, the look is super chic and sophisticated. Also, treating the leopard print as a neutral in itself opens up the crayon box for tons of different pairings. I really like leopard print with greens, oranges, or blues.
- PRINTS – For a little more interest, leopard prints can be paired with thin stripes – a shirt like this one, for instance – small scale dots, or for the fashion fearless, florals. I would probably add a balancing piece like a blazer, jacket, or cardi to ground multiple prints.
- VERSATILITY – These pants can be dressed up or down, depending upon what they’re coupled with and how the pieces are worn. I think the key is to style them with the same versatility as jeans. For example, the tucked white cotton or linen button down (or thin knit, if button downs aren’t your thing) + blazer combo could work for daytime, while a slightly oversized gray tee (half tucked…my fave) and motorcycle or denim jacket + booties could be an edgier take for evening.
- Keeping the top half monochromatic (i.e. black shirt + black blazer OR white shirt + white blazer) allow the print of the pants – and of course the killer heels in black or a random color 🙂 – to be the stars of the show.
- Swapping a dressier top for a chambray shirt or tee instantly takes the pants in a more casual direction. So does adding a denim jacket or vest. Or tying a button-down in a knot just above the waist of the pants. Or trading heels for colorful flats…
- Opting for zero, a little, or tons of accessories is another quick and easy way to customize a look and get more mileage out of the pants.
I hope this helps! Please let me know 🙂
Do you have any things you need shopped or any questions or dilemmas you’d like addressed (within the scope of the blog, of course)? Definitely let me know in the comments section, or send me an email!